Position: Program Officer (Kathmandu Based)
Number of positions required: 1 (one)
Type: Fixed Term contract till December 2022 with a possibility of extension
Location: Kathmandu (with frequent visits to project sites)
NIDWAN strives to promote the rights of indigenous women and girls with disabilities so that they can live their life with full dignity and respect on an equal basis with others. NIDWAN has a regular development activities program, development delivery including inclusive humanitarian action, and development research, study, documentation, and publication. In order to efficiently deliver and manage these programs, NIDWAN is looking for a competent candidate for the position of Program Officer.
Detailed duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate and collaborate with NIDWAN provincial networks and its like-minded allies.
- Track the project activities and update the team on monthly basis in the secretariat.
- Facilitate training, workshops, and seminars in an inclusive manner and document these systematically for efficient record keeping.
- Support team lead to prepare the activities' periodic work plans and budget.
- Provide regular support to the team as and when required.
- In coordination with implementing partners, conduct periodic joint review meetings to document the project achievements in close coordination with the M&E team.
- Collect reports, evidence, and data related to the project implementation, its progress, and results and integrate them into reporting system;
- Draft concept paper and project proposal as instructed in an efficient way.
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with the indigenous, women and disability and intersectional networks at the local, provincial and national levels;
- Take the lead in organizing the capacity-building training and workshops at the local and national levels;
- Produce reports, news articles/news bulletin, and case studies and published on the official website and social media or in research of NIDWAN
Qualification and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience or a master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience with an academic background in Social Science or Development Studies or Disability Studies.
- Prior working experience in indigenous issues, gender, disability, or other minorities and most excluded communities would add an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in communication and interpersonal skills and dedication to the work.
- Well-organized, with the ability to track multiple project activities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based, global environment.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and spoken communications skills in English and Nepali language for report writing and documentation.
- Willingness to travel in the field, even in remote areas when required.
- Flexible to adapt to challenging work environments.
This position is targeted at qualified indigenous women and girls with/out disabilities. However, NIDWAN equally encourages women and girls with/out disabilities from most marginalized and excluded groups to apply.
Please send your recently updated CV along with your motivation letter (not more than one page) clearly mentioning your salary expectation at email@example.com no later than July 20, 2022, before the closing of the business.